Huge well-done to everyone who participated in the 2019 Student National Winter Championships at NTU Sport on the 17th of February! For some, this was their first time competing and the club is so happy with the enthusiasm and team-spirit shown by all members and associates.
The day was kicked off (pun intended) with poomsae. The standard to which these were executed was so high – amazing performances from all our athletes.
Next was the noon and afternoon sparring. We had a wide range of competitors from different grades, including a few first-timers who did exceptionally well.
- Chloe – Gold and Silver A class Sparring
- Fred – Gold B class sparring
- Konstantinos – 2 Silver B class sparring
- Albert – Gold C class ( merged with B class)
- Maria – Gold and Silver B class sparring
- Tannaz – Bronze A class poomsae
- Sam – Bronze A class sparring
- Jack – Bronze C class sparring
Also competing were Tattiana, Francesca, Thangaes, Alice and Vinay who also did really well!
A huge thank you also goes out to all the coaches who helped on the day who’s support and advice was invaluable!
All in all, everyone has had such an amazing experience and the team spirit was clear to see – the standard has been set very high.